5 Simple Ways to Upgrade Your Bathroom.
How often have you thought: “I really, really need to update this bathroom”? But when it’s time to get started, you’re not quite sure. Especially when you don’t have the funds for a complete makeover but still want to liven that space up.
Well, fear not, because now you can work minor miracles easily and affordably. And here are just 5 of many ways to go about it:
- If your bathtub, shower, and toilet are in decent shape, focus some attention on the vanity. Painting a wooden vanity can easily bring new energy into the space while adding decorative hardware can complete the update. A new countertop will bring your bathroom into the 21st century, and with so many stone and solid surface materials to choose from, you can easily find one within your budget.
- Adding decorative woodwork can make a dated bathroom feel timeless. From crown molding on the ceiling to bead-board wainscot on the walls, a few inexpensive details can transform a space from “yawn” to “wow”.
- Update the fixtures. Whether you prefer modern or traditional, there are countless options among faucets, shower heads, and towel racks, etc., to complement your bathroom design within a modest budget. And don’t forget the lighting. Consider adding sconces to either side of the mirror for added light and a more elegant look.
- Pamper yourself with a new shower head and towel warmer. While multi-jet showers are heavenly, they can be pretty costly. So, try a sunflower shaped or rainfall shower head for the added luxury you want at a fraction of the cost. And what’s better than wrapping yourself in a soft warm towel as you step out of the tub? A towel warmer will set you back only about $150.
- Add whimsical accessories. Break away from standard bathroom décor by adding fun artwork and unique storage solutions. A small nightstand can provide added storage for hand towels and toiletries. An unused sugar bowl is perfect for cotton balls and Q-tips. And a woven basket can hold extra toilet paper rolls without taking up cabinet space.
If plumbing is part of your bathroom upgrade plans, give us a call for all the help you need, including some fresh thinking of our own to help stimulate your own creativity. At Arnold & Sons Plumbing, we have the experience, skill, and resources to help make your project and even bigger success.