How to Choose the Right Residential Plumber
Would you let just anyone walk into your home? Of course not. And that should include anyone you hire to work on your plumbing.
At Arnold & Sons, we realize that safety is your top priority, and that greater comfort and convenience aren’t too far down the list.
So to help you choose the right plumber with a high degree of confidence, here are 8 questions you should always ask before making your selection – and that includes us!
- “How long have they been in business?” While everyone needs to start sometime, are you really comfortable with being among a plumber’s first customers?
- Are you licensed and insured?” Make sure your plumber has the proper credentials, and that goes for any sub-contractors they might have assisting them.
- “What’s your standing with the Better Business Bureau?” Anybody can receive a negative review from time to time – it’s how they handle and respond to them that sets one contractor apart from another.
- “How do you charge for your services?” Some plumbers charge an hourly rate for their services plus materials while others provide an upfront price estimate that they’ll guarantee even if the job takes longer than expected.
- “Do you offer 24-hour emergency service?” If you’re looking to land a family plumber you can turn to no matter what the need, knowing how they treat true plumbing emergencies is worth knowing in advance.
- “What if you don’t fix the problem the first time?” This gets to the heart of the company’s service guarantees. Find out what they are and if they exist in writing.
- “Do you use high quality materials and products?” Anybody can undercut a competitor’s price by using lower quality and cheaper parts and materials. But do you really gain anything from that? Not in the long run.
- “Do you belong to any industry trade groups?” Such organizations help plumbing companies stay on top of regulations, codes, and the latest training practices, all of which ultimately benefits you.
That may sound like a lot of work, but it’s really not. In fact, it’s nothing that can’t be completed in a single phone call of visit to a plumbing company’s website.
At Arnold & Sons, we welcome your questions and know you’ll be pleased with our repsonses. It may sound like a cliché, but over the years we’ve learned that an educated customer is the best customer, partly because it assumes a higher level of communication between us and you, and that can only produce positive results.