Low-Cost Bathroom Upgrades
Remodeling your bathroom doesn’t have to be a massive, budget-breaking endeavor. Just making a few small changes can make a huge difference in the way it looks while also adding greater functionality and convenience.
Is your bathroom tiny?
- An over-the-toilet storage shelf gives you added space.
- You also can add shelving around the top of the wall, even above your combo tub and shower to store towels and toiletries.
- Baskets, baskets, baskets. Use small baskets or fabric bins to keep a small bathroom organized. They’re also a great way to make up for not enough drawer space.
Does your bathroom look outdated?
- A fresh coat of a light colored paint on the walls can go a long way to giving your bathroom a new and brighter feel.
- Replace brass fixtures with brushed nickel or chrome.
- Capitalize on an older bathroom by adding décor that gives it a nostalgic, retro feel. Instead of hating that green bathtub, embrace it as the focus of your bathroom. Add a striped or chevron-print shower curtain as an accent.
Is clutter taking over?
- If your bathroom is large enough, create a vanity area with a small mirror for makeup, hair products and styling tools. Use small glass jars to organize small clips and products.
- Consider finding a new “home” for things that contribute to the clutter. For example, store medicines and first aid supplies on a shelf in your linen closet instead of the bathroom cabinet.
- An inexpensive spice rack hung on the wall or side of the bathroom cabinet will keep toiletries and products handy but off of the counter.
Too messy, too fast?
- Place a nice hamper with a lid just outside the bathroom door to hide dirty clothes and towels.
- Keep a small stash of cleaning supplies handy in the bathroom. Sanitizing wipes are the simplest solution for quick cleaning because they do a great job on almost all surfaces. Use one wipe every morning to stop messes before they start.
As you can see, it doesn’t take a lot to put a brand new smiley face on your bathroom, and even bigger smile on your face. Contact Arnold & Sons today for a free in-home consultation and price quote on the new and improved bathroom experience you have in mind.