Why Drink Less Bottled Water
Bottled water is both a convenience and a curse. A convenience when, for example, you’re driving a long distance, make a pit stop, and just need a drink of cold water. A curse when you over-depend on it and forget to recycle the empty bottles.
By any reasonable standard, bottled water is far more curse than convenience. Consider the following statistics:
- Plastic bottles take 700 years even to begin composting
- 90% of the cost of bottled water is associated with the bottle itself
- 80% of plastic bottles are not recycled
- 38 million plastic bottles go to the dump per year in America from bottled water
- 24 million gallons of oil are needed to produce a billion plastic bottles
For those occasions where bottled water is your only clean water solution, please recycle. But for just about every other clean water need, a home water filtration system is the better choice. These are the two types we recommend and install most often:
- Point-of-use (also called “under sink”) water filters remove lead and other impurities as you draw water from your faucet. The water tank and filter are installed under your sink, and we have different size tanks to accommodate your average daily consumption.
- Whole-house water filters provide clean, purified water from every water source in your home, including your washing machine, dishwasher, faucets, shower, and all the rest. This is the solution for people who want clean, soft, and filtered water – no substitutions, please!
More Benefits of Filtered Water.
- Water filters greatly reduce the risk of rectal, colon, and bladder cancer by removing chlorine and chlorine byproducts from drinking water.
- Water filters provide the healthiest water for children’s developing immune systems.
- Water filters provide the last line of defense between the body and over 2,100 known toxins that may be present in drinking water.
And, of course, you’ll save money on all the bottled water you won’t need to buy any longer. Not to mention the huge contribution you’ll be making to local, national, and world ecology. For more information on a clean water solution for your home, and which option, might suit you best, contact Arnold & Sons Plumbing today. We are your local water filtration specialists.